Thursday, August 12, 2010

This is a 90s rap about belonging.

I always slept for the same amount of time,
because before that I never slept at all.
My parents said I had to lie in bed
And catch the sleeps as they fall.

A sleep is like a sheep but asleep,
and if I didn’t catch them they would... surely die!
But when the sun came up then the sleeps would speak,
“We’re all saved now, goodbye!”

When I told kids at school they just laughed at me,
only a fool would believe that tale about sleep!
You gotta keep yo head to the ground, homie,
You gotta keep yo head to the grouuuund

So it was the 90s, these guys said homie, whatever,
We all said things that now sound less than clever.
I just wanted to feel like a part of the group,
So me and my new homies stayed up the night through.

The next night in bed I dreamed of the cliff
But there were no sleeps there, and I keep thinking if
There was no one to save them, they’re all dead and gone
I’ll never be forgiven for the murder I’ve done

I just wanted to belong,
I just wanted to belong.

No comments: